Monday 17 November 2014

Singing

Last year I sang at a mad concert for 3 hours straight. Not that anybody was listening, or shall I say that was the best part and the reason why I could sing for long or in fact sing at all. That was the first time I realised the real worth of having a close friend who owns a restaurant with an insanely great music console (and the DJ set of course). You can do whatever you want with it - play classic rock, trip on it, sing, basically go berserk - after the business closes for the night and have mad concerts like the one I'm telling you about, with a group of sloshed friends (the passive audience).

That was the unexpected beginning. Over time I've unknowingly by hearted my favourite songs - the ones I know with great lyrics - music high. I'm tuned more to instrument first tracks, tracks which are anchored by percussion or string instruments with lots of instrumental solos and less but powerful lyrics. I'm listing them here so you can comment if you like these too and recommend your faves as well!

Robert Plant is one of the best singers ever. It's just that I find the rest of LZ songs very difficult to catch. So mentioning these two I can sing.

Kashmir


Stairway to Heaven


Beatles is always the choice for effortless syncing, specially if you're singing in a group

Let it be

Hey Jude

Strawberry Fields Forever

Imagine


I think my bias is with floyd - for the best instrumental solos

Another Brick in the Wall

Learning to Fly

Comfortably Numb

High Hopes

Echoes


For everyone who can keep up with the coolest guitar ever

All along the watchtower

Purplehaze


Discovered Dire Straits in early 2012

Brothers in Arms


And the singularities, one epic at a time

I'm the highway

Behind blue eyes

Black

Hurt

Sunday Morning

Turn the page

 PL I know the Truth


I'm also trying to learn these lyrical songs. Generally I find them difficult but these are just beautiful.

Raindrops

Just a Gigolo

JJ Cale Days go by

Bollywood's got awesome songs too, I tend to go for the easy lyrical ones again here - like deewanapan, Kishore Kumar, Arijit Singh is the new king. Here are a selected few.

I've kind of just started with singing and plan to upload a karaoke collection some time soon. Also I'm thinking of posting recordings by a couple of friends who're excellent at it. Keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment